Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice Memos via iMessage

Where are Voice Memos saved when received via iMessage? I was sent a Voice Memo via iMessage, and I saved the Voice Memo, but I don't know where it saved to. I checked the Voice Memo app, but it's not there. Anyone know?

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 10:41 AM

The Voice Memo (m4a) file is initially only saved in your Messages app until you choose to move it, for example to the Files app.

If you open the message with the sound file and tap on it, you can see the "Share" icon in the bottom left corner (Square with up arrow) - in that menu you are offered "Save in Files" - you also have the option to save in a specific app, for example the Voice Memo app, the Notes app or forward it as Mail.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2023 10:41 AM in response to Lally_A

The Voice Memo (m4a) file is initially only saved in your Messages app until you choose to move it, for example to the Files app.

If you open the message with the sound file and tap on it, you can see the "Share" icon in the bottom left corner (Square with up arrow) - in that menu you are offered "Save in Files" - you also have the option to save in a specific app, for example the Voice Memo app, the Notes app or forward it as Mail.

Voice Memos via iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.