Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Auxiliary cord not working

I plug my aux cord in my cars port and into my iPhone and sometimes it works and sometimes it do t I don’t know why . I’ve cleaned both my cars port and my plug on my phone

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 10:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 10:54 AM

I see that you mentioned that you are on an iPhone 13 and on iOS 15. Update to the latest version of iOS (iOS 16.2) and then try again. iOS 15 is old and now considered out of date, to check for an update go to settings>General>Software Update> and then check there. If there is an update for your phone. Update to the newest version possible then try your AUX port again. Before updating I recommend backing up your phone to iCloud and the battery having at least 50% battery plugged in. If that does not work, make sure it is an Apple Authorized product. In some cases a non authorized product will not work due to Apple limiting those to make sure your iPhone runs as smooth and safe as possible. If it is authorized and you are up to date on the newest version of iOS. Check that your car supports your AUX, in some cases the car may not support certain cords or the cord is broken. If the cord is broken and you have another adapter to use your AUX cord try that. If you have a new adapter and it does not work try getting a new AUX cord, if it fails Contact Official Apple Support Have a good day or night!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2023 10:54 AM in response to Aluna74

I see that you mentioned that you are on an iPhone 13 and on iOS 15. Update to the latest version of iOS (iOS 16.2) and then try again. iOS 15 is old and now considered out of date, to check for an update go to settings>General>Software Update> and then check there. If there is an update for your phone. Update to the newest version possible then try your AUX port again. Before updating I recommend backing up your phone to iCloud and the battery having at least 50% battery plugged in. If that does not work, make sure it is an Apple Authorized product. In some cases a non authorized product will not work due to Apple limiting those to make sure your iPhone runs as smooth and safe as possible. If it is authorized and you are up to date on the newest version of iOS. Check that your car supports your AUX, in some cases the car may not support certain cords or the cord is broken. If the cord is broken and you have another adapter to use your AUX cord try that. If you have a new adapter and it does not work try getting a new AUX cord, if it fails Contact Official Apple Support Have a good day or night!

Auxiliary cord not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.