Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Facetime video on my iPad is always moving around. how can i get it to be fixed?

My Facetime video on my iPad is always moving around. how can i get it to be fixed?

iPad Pro, 11-inch, 4th Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 1:58 PM

Hey Berlinhanover!

The answer to your question is centre stage. this is a feature on newer iPads that give them the ability to follow you as you move to keep you in the centre of the Frame in FaceTime calls or any video calls!

If you would like to turn this feature off, head into the FaceTime app, you should now be able to see yourself on screen. swipe down from the corner of your iPad where you find the battery percentage, this will take you to control centre. In the top left side, you'll see a box that says 'Effects' Click on that and you'll be able to turn centre stage off.

Hope this helps!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2023 1:58 PM in response to berlinhanover

Hey Berlinhanover!

The answer to your question is centre stage. this is a feature on newer iPads that give them the ability to follow you as you move to keep you in the centre of the Frame in FaceTime calls or any video calls!

If you would like to turn this feature off, head into the FaceTime app, you should now be able to see yourself on screen. swipe down from the corner of your iPad where you find the battery percentage, this will take you to control centre. In the top left side, you'll see a box that says 'Effects' Click on that and you'll be able to turn centre stage off.

Hope this helps!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.