Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I determine if my MacBook Air has been hacked

A security alert popped up when browsing google and a macOS support no. to call. Screen was locked up. Called and was talked into entering website on another computer and going thru a lot of 'now enter this...' and eventually he wanted me to log into financial sites. ****!!

Question is how can I determine if the Mac has be hacked. I've gotten the screen unlocked but am hesitant to use for any transactions.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Air

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 4:21 PM

2 replies

Jan 12, 2023 6:58 PM in response to al5448

Please read Phony "tech support" / "ransomware" popups and web pages - Apple Community. Be sure to read the Appendix at the end also.

It describes the very common scam you experienced. Your Mac was not hacked any more than your phone was hacked by someone calling you trying to sell you something you don't need. Would you divulge personal financial information or intimate details to some stranger just because he asks? I would hope not.

Go ahead and use your Mac. It's fine.

How can I determine if my MacBook Air has been hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.