Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

It says my new iPad will take 2days to restore from iCloud? Seriously?

How long does it take to restore data from iCloud? My new iPad says time remaining 2days. That can’t be right?

iPad Pro, 12.9-inch, 6th Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 4:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 7:29 AM

The rate at which you will restore your data from iCloud will be impacted by many factors - including, but not limited to:

• how much data must be restored
  • the speed of your WiFi connection
  • the speed/available bandwidth of your internet connection
  • the server loading if restoring or synchronising data from iCloud

Many hours is not at all unusual. For slow links, or significant volumes of data, its may take much longer.

Keeping your iPad connected to its Power Adapter during the restore process will keep the iPad’s WiFi connection alive during the process.

Be patient.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2023 7:29 AM in response to MCTWSOMF

The rate at which you will restore your data from iCloud will be impacted by many factors - including, but not limited to:

• how much data must be restored
  • the speed of your WiFi connection
  • the speed/available bandwidth of your internet connection
  • the server loading if restoring or synchronising data from iCloud

Many hours is not at all unusual. For slow links, or significant volumes of data, its may take much longer.

Keeping your iPad connected to its Power Adapter during the restore process will keep the iPad’s WiFi connection alive during the process.

Be patient.

It says my new iPad will take 2days to restore from iCloud? Seriously?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.