Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Parental control

My son has an iPhone 8 and must request permission in order to download apps. He has been trying, and he hits the ask permission button, but I am not getting the notification on my iPhone 13.

this process has worked for us in the past, but now it is not. Help please!

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 5:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 6:41 PM

Confusedmama44 Said:

"Parental control: My son has an iPhone 8 and must request permission in order to download apps. He has been trying, and he hits the ask permission button, but I am not getting the notification on my iPhone 13. this process has worked for us in the past, but now it is not. Help please!"

-------

Troubleshooting No Ask to Buy Prompts:

A. Is this Content for School?

If so, getting a prompt of Ask to Buy does not apply.

1. Go here: Approve what Kids Buy with Ask to Buy - Apple Support
  2. As it reads: "Ask to Buy doesn't apply to apps or content from school"

B. See Here: If Ask to Buy isn't working - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2023 6:41 PM in response to Confusedmama44

Confusedmama44 Said:

"Parental control: My son has an iPhone 8 and must request permission in order to download apps. He has been trying, and he hits the ask permission button, but I am not getting the notification on my iPhone 13. this process has worked for us in the past, but now it is not. Help please!"

-------

Troubleshooting No Ask to Buy Prompts:

A. Is this Content for School?

If so, getting a prompt of Ask to Buy does not apply.

1. Go here: Approve what Kids Buy with Ask to Buy - Apple Support
  2. As it reads: "Ask to Buy doesn't apply to apps or content from school"

B. See Here: If Ask to Buy isn't working - Apple Support

Parental control

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.