Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change my Apple ID?

the email that i used when i created my apple id YEARs ago Is no longer around - how do i change my id and keep all my info & stuff

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 6:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 7:21 PM

Hello,

This article has the steps for updating your Apple ID. When you do it this way, rather than creating a new one, you can keep all your info without manually migrating it.

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

"Change your Apple ID

If you no longer use the email address that's associated with your Apple ID, you can change it. You won’t lose access to your contacts, purchases, or other account information.

How to change your Apple ID to a different email address

1. Go to appleid.apple.com and sign in.
  2. In the Sign-In and Security section, choose Apple ID.
  3. Enter the email address that you want to use as your Apple ID.
  4. Choose Change Apple ID.
  5. If you changed your Apple ID to a third-party email address, check your email for a verification code, then enter the code. Learn what to do if you didn't get the email.
  6. If you use services like iCloud or Messages to share with friends and colleagues, sign in to those services with your updated Apple ID."

I apologize for the formatting. When images are included the numbered lists don't copy & paste well.

I hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2023 7:21 PM in response to questionsanswers

Hello,

This article has the steps for updating your Apple ID. When you do it this way, rather than creating a new one, you can keep all your info without manually migrating it.

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

"Change your Apple ID

If you no longer use the email address that's associated with your Apple ID, you can change it. You won’t lose access to your contacts, purchases, or other account information.

How to change your Apple ID to a different email address

1. Go to appleid.apple.com and sign in.
  2. In the Sign-In and Security section, choose Apple ID.
  3. Enter the email address that you want to use as your Apple ID.
  4. Choose Change Apple ID.
  5. If you changed your Apple ID to a third-party email address, check your email for a verification code, then enter the code. Learn what to do if you didn't get the email.
  6. If you use services like iCloud or Messages to share with friends and colleagues, sign in to those services with your updated Apple ID."

I apologize for the formatting. When images are included the numbered lists don't copy & paste well.

I hope this helps.

How do I change my Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.