Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a combo updater available for 12.6.2?

For a couple of weeks I have been trying to update from MacOS Monterey 12.6.1 to 12.6.2. This is on a (new) 14inch MacBook Pro that I bought in December. The update always fails during downloading. I don't have any problems with my internet connection on other downloads - it just seems to impact this system update. I know that in the past there used to be a page where one could download standalone updates but that seems to have long gone.

Would it be worth trying to reinstall the OS from the recovery partition? I guess that could be flaky as well.

I know that I could upgrade the whole system to Ventura but I have another Mac (an older Intel iMac) which I'd probably prefer not to update at the moment as I have rather a lot of work on.

Any other suggestions?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 4:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 4:34 AM

Apple got rid of the combo updates quite a few years ago.

or you could just download the full installer for 12.6.2 and reinstall macOS.

I believe that version is here: How to download macOS - Apple Support

if not, you can also use terminal

softwareupdate ––fetch-full-installer ––full-installer-version 12.6.2

Similar questions

4 replies

Jan 13, 2023 5:01 AM in response to StephenJG

Would begin by using the previous suggestion posted above

Fall Back position could be " reinstall the OS from the recovery partition " and in theory should pull the latest Full Version available.

The really caveat is, this specific computer may also Qualify for the Ventura macOS 13 upgrade .

That may in fact what gets downloaded instead of Monterey 12.6.2

EDITED

Jan 13, 2023 8:47 AM in response to Barney-15E

Thanks Barney. I went the terminal route and that downloaded the full installer which ran perfectly so that I'm now on 12.6.2.

I'd forgotten the softwareupdate command which I used to use a lot years ago when updating was a bit less automatic and I use to run scripts to do things on my schedule.

Thanks also to P.Philips - as I said I will update both machines to Ventura in the near future, but don't want to do it just now.

Stephen

Is there a combo updater available for 12.6.2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.