Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

overheating

Hello,

i have had my iphone 11 since mid 2021 (i think), and it has recently started overheating/getting really hot all of a sudden at random times. it has never done this before. so i guess im wondering if i should just buy a new iphone or try to get it fixed. thank you! :)

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 4:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 4:43 AM

After reading this support article:--> If your iPhone or iPad gets too hot or too cold, check you battery status by going to Settings>Battery>Battery Health>Maximum Capacity and tap there.

What percentage can you see? If it is close to 85-80% (bearing in mind that that value is related to when your battery, not your iPhone, was new), and this means that it is reaching the critical point of its life, and might have unpredictable behavior.

Should be this case, create a full backup of your device on a regular basis (before the battery dies), and make an appointment (*) and have your battery replaced at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector.

Shouldn't be this case, for your peace of mind, have your device inspected. After checking it out, Apple technicians will give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2023 4:43 AM in response to EmilyLovesReading

After reading this support article:--> If your iPhone or iPad gets too hot or too cold, check you battery status by going to Settings>Battery>Battery Health>Maximum Capacity and tap there.

What percentage can you see? If it is close to 85-80% (bearing in mind that that value is related to when your battery, not your iPhone, was new), and this means that it is reaching the critical point of its life, and might have unpredictable behavior.

Should be this case, create a full backup of your device on a regular basis (before the battery dies), and make an appointment (*) and have your battery replaced at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector.

Shouldn't be this case, for your peace of mind, have your device inspected. After checking it out, Apple technicians will give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

overheating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.