Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Memory card reader

I have a 2017 IMac computer. Recently I found an old Nikon camera with several Compact Flash memory card disk. What device can I purchase to read these on my IMac.

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 6:28 AM

10 replies

Jan 13, 2023 8:28 AM in response to spookymay53

What model is the Nikon camera?

Exactly what does it say on the camera cards?

Try plugging the camera into the iMac using the Nikon supplied USB cable?

see > Import photos from a camera or phone using Photos on Mac - Apple Support

If those are SD cards, then you can plug them directly into the SD card reader on the back of your iMac.

If not, then you can get and use a USB card reader that supports that type of camera card.

Jan 14, 2023 4:02 AM in response to Old Toad

Thank you but the Memory Card is larger and does not fit, however I do appreciate your effort to help. All on this site are being kind to this old lady, Thank you. The frog had the proper device that I need to read these cards and I went ahead and placed an order for it. Unfortunately the camera is no longer operable as it sat in a closet for at least 8 years and the batteries corroded and froze in place ruining this camera. I guess that was around the time we got our first iPhones and stopped needing bulky cameras.

Jan 14, 2023 9:24 AM in response to spookymay53

spookymay53 wrote:

Unfortunately the camera was ruined because it sat with batteries inside for at least 7 or 8 years and they were so corroded I could not dig them out.

Ouch. How many of us have done the same thing, i.e. forgetting to take batteries out of devices when putting them in long term storage. I had one corrode just after 8 months.

Have fun with the ol photos and memories.

Memory card reader

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.