Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System Settings not responding in MacOS 13.1

After updating to MacOS 13.1 Ventura, System Settings is not responding in the iCloud section. Activity Monitor indicates System Settings consuming 50 - 52% CPU and then eventual reports as Not Responding. Also, Private Relay shows "Loading..." but never completes. Anyone else seeing issues with version 13.1?

Thanks,

Marc

2021 MacBook M1 Pro 16", 1TB

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 10:30 AM

Resolved!

It turned out macOS Ventura 13.1 was conflicting with my VPN client from Private Internet Access. Uninstalling the VPN client cleared the problem with my iCloud services options in System Settings.

6 replies

Jan 13, 2023 7:56 AM in response to Marc429

Marc429 wrote:

After updating to MacOS 13.1 Ventura, System Settings is not responding in the iCloud section. Activity Monitor indicates System Settings consuming 50 - 52% CPU and then eventual reports as Not Responding. Also, Private Relay shows "Loading..." but never completes. Anyone else seeing issues with version 13.1?
Thanks,
Marc

2021 MacBook M1 Pro 16", 1TB

Was this a upgrade to macOS Ventura or a point update to the current 13.1..... you do no t say.

Have you rebooted more than once since your "updating"..

Try SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support to sort anomalies.

Jan 13, 2023 8:18 AM in response to Marc429

Marc429 wrote:

This was an update from Ventura 13.0.1 to 13.1
And yes, I have rebooted several times.
System Settings seem to be working OK (though I haven't checked every section) except for the Apple ID area, especially iCloud services.

If you happen to have other Apple device ex iPhone

verify that software is current and iCloud /AppleID is current /accessible / security updated there....

The current stable release of iOS including bug fixes,  security updates is iOS 16.2

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Then try again your Mac.

if no insight or resolve—

Call Customer Support  (800) MYAPPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line  Apple Support

System Settings not responding in MacOS 13.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.