Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have 13 pro max, I could not connect my home router after latest ios updates. It says “weak security”. Apple support said you should configure the router to use WPA2 or WPA3 security type. Is there someone already encounter this problem?

I have 13 pro max, I could not connect my home router after latest ios updates. It says “weak security”. Apple support said : “you should configure the router to use WPA2 or WPA3 security type.” Is there someone already encounter this problem?

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 8:41 AM

If you don't want the weak security warning, change the security settings on the router to WPA2 AES or to WPA3. Exactly how you do that varies by router. If you don't have instructions for your router, do an Internet search for your router brand/model or if your router is supplied by your Internet service provider, check their website or their customer support.

Also see: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2023 8:41 AM in response to As1968

If you don't want the weak security warning, change the security settings on the router to WPA2 AES or to WPA3. Exactly how you do that varies by router. If you don't have instructions for your router, do an Internet search for your router brand/model or if your router is supplied by your Internet service provider, check their website or their customer support.

Also see: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Jan 13, 2023 8:41 AM in response to As1968

As1968 wrote:

I have 13 pro max, I could not connect my home router after latest ios updates. It says “weak security”. Apple support said : “you should configure the router to use WPA2 or WPA3 security type.” Is there someone already encounter this problem?

And what happens when you do as Apple suggest and configure your home wifi to those settings?

I have 13 pro max, I could not connect my home router after latest ios updates. It says “weak security”. Apple support said you should configure the router to use WPA2 or WPA3 security type. Is there someone already encounter this problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.