Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sync my iTunes to iPad

do I have to buy subscription to Apple Music to be able to sync my music library from iTunes ver 12.12.7.1 on Windows 10 to my iPad 9th generation, OS ver 16.2

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 9:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 3:02 AM

No, not if it is music from sources such as your CDs, online purchases from the stores such as Amazon and Bandcamp, or purchases from the iTunes Store.

Note the last one - the iTunes Store; if you purchase music from the store, you do not require an Apple Music subscription, but your iPad will need to be signed into the same Apple ID that you used to buy the music.

Apple Music is a subscription service, you do not buy the music in this scenario, you effectively rent it for the duration of your subscription.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2023 3:02 AM in response to GMDATADIVA

No, not if it is music from sources such as your CDs, online purchases from the stores such as Amazon and Bandcamp, or purchases from the iTunes Store.

Note the last one - the iTunes Store; if you purchase music from the store, you do not require an Apple Music subscription, but your iPad will need to be signed into the same Apple ID that you used to buy the music.

Apple Music is a subscription service, you do not buy the music in this scenario, you effectively rent it for the duration of your subscription.

sync my iTunes to iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.