Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phonetic keyboard on Magic Keyboard

Hi everyone,

Recently I bought a magic keyboard for my ipad pro running ios 16 and I have been struggling with adding a phonetic Bulgarian keyboard. I was able to find only Bulgarian standard and Bulgarian qwerty. I also found some posts in the community from 2021 showing that Bulgarian Phonetic was an option. I really don’t want to put stickers on my magic keyboard but I still want to be able to type in Bulgarian. I would really appreciate your help :)

Kind Regards

Yoanna

iPad Pro

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 4:48 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 21, 2023 4:04 PM in response to Dpetsev

Dpetsev wrote:

both the QWERTY and the standard keyboards are the same.

I think you are mistaken. The place where you choose between Standard and Qwerty (and other cyrillic mappings as well) is at settings > general > keyboard > hardware keyboard > tap over at right edge. If you make sure that qwerty is checked in the hardware keyboard section, typing asdfg will produce асдфг.

Let us know if that works for you.

(Which Bulgarian you choose in settings > general > keyboard > keyboards does not play a role in how your Magic Keyboard is mapped, only your choice in the hardware keyboard area).

Phonetic keyboard on Magic Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.