Home Accessories drainig battery, app Home is NOT installed.

After updating to 16.2 and accepting new terms from iCloud, Home Accessories is working on the background. I downloaded Home and delete it again but the problem still exists. I dont use anything from Home and also turned it off in iCloud (witch I also don't use) What to do?

iPhone X

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 8:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 6:37 AM

I have an iPhone 14 pro and I just noticed home accessories was draining a ton of my battery. I looked if anyone else was having this problem and I found this thread. I’ve done everything everyone has mentioned as well and I cannot get it to go away? Help Apple?

27 replies

Jun 7, 2023 3:55 PM in response to Mihael_Keehl

Thank you for your suggestion. After an online search, I found a thread that FIXED my problem. I downloaded the HomeKit app again, then using the 3 dots in the upper right corner, opened on my name and account (that I never signed up for and had NO home appliances paired), scrolled to the bottom and clicked on “delete home”. Then closed the app and deleted it again, by the next day the Home Accessories battery usage had completely dropped from my screen. This is an issue I have wrestled with for months with no success, and finally seem to have resolved it!

Mar 19, 2023 4:03 AM in response to ParmesanChase

Same problem here. I tried three things, and I'm not sure yet which, but one of them fixed it.

1) I upgraded to OS16.3.1.

2) I turned off iCloud temporarily.

3) I think this is the real fix: in the Apple TV settings, under "Allow TV to Access", I turned off "Allow Live Activities" and "More Frequent Updates"

I just did all that about 24 hours ago, and my Home Accessories usage has disappeared entirely.

I'm going to experiment with turning iCloud and the Apple TV stuff back on, to see if one of them still causes the issue (again, betting on the Apple TV setting here), but in the meantime I figured I would post this up for folks having the same problem.

Good luck!

Jan 16, 2023 2:02 PM in response to Iets

Hello there Iets,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We suggest turning off the Background App Refresh to help with this issue. Go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh, and switch that to Off. Get more info on using Background App Refresh here:

Switch apps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Let us know if this helps you.

Cheers!

Feb 26, 2023 8:32 AM in response to Iets

Hi, this has been happening to my iPhone 14 pro too. I’ve done online research, tried disabling everything I could think off (app is not even installed on my phone), I’ve deleted/reinstalled deleted app again and now solution to problem.

I did manage to find a setting (sorry I can’t remember what) and after disabling this app wasn’t draining battery, it was still using background activity but this was about less than 10% but it gradually started to creep up to what is is today, nearly 70%

I’ve been in touch with Apple support and they don’t know what the problem is, just been told to switch off different setting that I already had done and was given a link to how to preserve battery.

Mar 26, 2023 7:08 AM in response to hopeIhelp

I had the same issue on my IPad. Though I didn’t have the Home app installed anymore, I found “Home” listed in my settings. When I clicked on it, it had some of the home devices that I had linked with Apple Home once upon a time. After I removed all the linked devices from Home, Home dropped out of settings and that resolved the battery draining issue too.

Jun 6, 2023 12:14 PM in response to sajeth

I have the same issue with the Home app running in the background and using up battery. I have never used the app (it came preinstalled on my new phone) and deleted it as soon as I saw what was occurring. It made no difference and continues to use battery. I do not have Apple TV/app so that is not what is occurring on my iPhone 13 (updated to iOS 16.5) I am beyond frustrated- HELP!!!

Jun 20, 2023 4:12 PM in response to Iets

I had the same issue. Then I took the following steps and Home Accessories no longer consumes my battery. You may not need to do all of them. Step #1 is non-intrusive. #2 only impacts specific device apps. If you use Apple Home, #3 and #4 wipes off your existing settings and you may want to do them only as last resort.

1) Restart iPhone

2) Open Settings, check if you have any device apps and turn off Home Data:

3) Open the apple Home app (if not existing, install it from the app store). On its main page, tap "..." at the upper right corner, then remove "My Home"

4) Download the following profile from Apple. Then go to Settings/General/VPN & Device Management, install it. Then go to Settings/Home, tap "Reset Homekit"

http://appldnld.apple.com/iOSProfiles/HomeKitReset.mobileconfig

Jul 5, 2023 4:59 AM in response to Iets

I just found this as well as I have a 4 month old iPhone 14 and the battery suddenly started loosing power super quick. Even over night on low power, 40% and DND it would die. Never happened normally. I’ve just added the home app again gone into settings on the app deleted and removed from iPhone and it’s now removed itself from my battery area however I now have it saying Siri has been taking up 48% when I don’t even use Siri either?!

is this a fault with the newest update?

Aug 28, 2023 1:40 PM in response to Iets

OK so after one week of struggling with the same issue on my iPhone XR (iOS 16.6), I managed to resolve it.

Here is what i did, inspired by other comments found in this thread :

1) Restart iPhone

2) Reinstall "Home Kit" and "Apple TV" apps (those two were not installed on my iphone)

3) Turn off iCloud temporarily (Settings >> iCloud >> Log Out)

(this is a very important step ! Since my HomeKit app was stuck on the fisrt screen "finding / loading scene" or something like that...sorry I don't remember exactly)

4) In the Apple TV settings, under "Allow TV to Access", turn off "Allow Live Activities" and "More Frequent Updates" and close the app.

5) Open the Home Kit app. On its main page, tap "..." at the upper right corner => "Home settings" => slide to the bottom of the page and tap on the "Delete home" button. Close the app.

6) Turn iCloud back on

Hope it can help !

Aug 29, 2023 5:45 PM in response to adrianursocool

Thanks for the tips! Let us know if it works long term - I tried something similar and it always comes back. Mine will be good for weeks, then drain my battery in a few hours with that dreaded "Home Accessories" back at the top of the list. Shutting down the phone is the only thing that stops it. I wish an engineer could look at that period of time and see what the heck it's doing. It's in some weird loop or something. So frustrating!

Home Accessories drainig battery, app Home is NOT installed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.