Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can anyone tell me how to add an onscreen numeric keyPad to my iPad / iPhone?

It is such a pain to have to type in numbers into a form because the keyboard always switches back to the letters. There needs to be a way to lock it into numeric keypad mode. It looks like the numbers when dial a phone number.

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 12:30 PM

4 replies

Jan 14, 2023 1:05 PM in response to sberman

The spacebar button is what takes you back to the letters. That’s not that hard to imagine - try it.

When I’m entering numbers (for instance credit card, phone numbers etc.) as soon as I press the space bar the keyboard switches back to letters. I want it to stay in number mode.

It would be nice to have the ability to complete my numeric entries without having to switch back-and-forth between the letters and numbers screen.

Jan 14, 2023 1:13 PM in response to sberman

Unfortunately certain forms require spaces in between numbers (account numbers for instance).

I’m not looking for a work-around here, I’m looking to lock a numeric keypad in place until I’m done with my entries. Regular keyboards have them (they understand the need) why can’t apple come up with the same for their onscreen keyboard?

Can anyone tell me how to add an onscreen numeric keyPad to my iPad / iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.