Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Part of my Mail viewer cannot be seen.

I dragged the cursor to the right to see the messages, and apparently dragged it too far so that I can no longer see the mail viewer on the right side of the mail panel. I'be tried to grab the margin and drag it back, but that doesn't work. I'm on a 2019 Macintosh HD running Ventura 13.1

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 2:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 3:27 PM

Hover the cursor over the right edge of the Mail window until you see the left pointing cursor. Then click and drag to the left until the preview pane pops open.

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 14, 2023 3:47 PM in response to dialabrain

I tried that several times, but I think I didn't pay close enough attention to the "click and drag to the left until the preview pane pops open." part of the answer. I did eventually find the "Show Side Preview" setting under "View" in the upper left, and that popped it back into place. However, "Show Side Preview" doesn't always show up at first, and you have to keep going back to "View" to find it.

I think if this happens again, I'll try your solution first.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Part of my Mail viewer cannot be seen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.