Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why cant i delete the apps i downloaded from the web in launchpad?

I have a lot of apps in my launchpad, but I just can’t seem to delete the ones that are downloaded for the internet. Why apple why apple?

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 9:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 2:53 AM

Part 1 of 2

Most answers are provided by other Communities users just like you—not by Apple

To better understand what these Apple Support Communities really are and who are using these Forums, the link below provides an Over View

How to use Apple Support Communities

Part 2 of 2

Some applications downloaded and installed from the Internet can be deleted from Launchpad and others can not

To Test this assertion >> Hold the Option key while in Launchpad

If the X in Upper Left of the Application has this X >> Just click it and it should Delete

Image below

If the X does not appear >> The User ( you ) will require communicating with the Developer of this Application for Their Specific Instruction for removing Their Application from macOS

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2023 2:53 AM in response to Owenbruh4330

Part 1 of 2

Most answers are provided by other Communities users just like you—not by Apple

To better understand what these Apple Support Communities really are and who are using these Forums, the link below provides an Over View

How to use Apple Support Communities

Part 2 of 2

Some applications downloaded and installed from the Internet can be deleted from Launchpad and others can not

To Test this assertion >> Hold the Option key while in Launchpad

If the X in Upper Left of the Application has this X >> Just click it and it should Delete

Image below

If the X does not appear >> The User ( you ) will require communicating with the Developer of this Application for Their Specific Instruction for removing Their Application from macOS

why cant i delete the apps i downloaded from the web in launchpad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.