Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't add pass to Apple Wallet

I can't add passes to my wallet. In Safari I receive the error message 'can't download this file' and in chrome I receive the error message 'can't add this to passbook at this time'.

This issue started as soon as I updated to iOS 16.

I see people complaining about this issue all over the net without a single solution posted except links to the standard "how to add a pass to Apple Wallet" which is NO help whatsoever as it does not mention this issue at all, so if anyone has found a solution it would be much appreciated.

iPhone SE (Gen 3)

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 6:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 6:56 AM

As I have said before, please don't tell me how to add a pass, tell me how to solve the error when I try to add a pass.

I am clicking on the "add to Apple Wallet" icon on the webpage of the pass & that is when I get the error.

2 replies

Jan 15, 2023 6:39 AM in response to krysfromcardiff

You may add any of the following passes/tickets if the issuer has the feature enabled.

Adding Boarding Passes, Bookmyshow Tickets, IRCTC (Railway) tickets, Airline Tickets, Game Tickets and Hotel Bookings are only possible if the issuer has enabled the "Add to Apple Wallet" feature for the tickets/passes issued by them. See some examples below.

The card issuer must enable the "Add to Apple Wallet" feature.

You will find this in the Card Issue Document

1. Tap Add to Apple Wallet.

Can't add pass to Apple Wallet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.