Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Link starting ichat text session?

I want to add a link to a web page that will start a text chat between the page "visitor" and the "owner" of the page. Is this possible and how is it done?

I have a power mac running OSx 10.3.9 that I use as webserver (the pre installed Apache) on which I have also installed Tomcat. I would like to use this setup and if needed add a jabber-server.

Thanks in advance!

Per

PM 450 MHz, eMac 700 MHz, Mac OS X (10.4.3)

Posted on Dec 2, 2005 5:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2005 9:28 AM

If your visitors are using strictly iChat, you can do the following:

<a href="ichat:goim?screenname=yourscreenname&message=hello">Send me an IM</a>

Otherwise if your visitors are using AIM and a more generic and widely accepted way:

<a href="aim:goim?screenname=yourscreenname&message=hello">Send me an IM</a>

Hope this helps!
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2005 9:28 AM in response to Per Arve1

If your visitors are using strictly iChat, you can do the following:

<a href="ichat:goim?screenname=yourscreenname&message=hello">Send me an IM</a>

Otherwise if your visitors are using AIM and a more generic and widely accepted way:

<a href="aim:goim?screenname=yourscreenname&message=hello">Send me an IM</a>

Hope this helps!

Dec 2, 2005 2:42 PM in response to Per Arve1

Hi Per,

If your Buddies are MAc users and have also got other AIM clients then they should read the bottom of this page http://www.ralphjohnsuk.dsl.pipex.com/page5.html (Well just above the red text that says Go:aim)

This user Internet Explorer to set which Application opens when the web browser (any) come across a go:aim HTML instruction.

Ralph

Link starting ichat text session?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.