Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

uncontrollable scrolling issues on Facebook

I am having uncontrollable scrolling issues on 2019 Mac Book Pro with Retina display. I think I solved the issue for all apps except Facebook, as I'm reading through Facebook my feed will automatically jump down 2-4 posts at a time. I have to continually go back.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 7:37 AM

tjb90 wrote:

Any ideas? This began happening the day before yesterday.

Until it gets resolved (I believe it’s a FaceBook issue), try a different browser. Firefox and Brave are frequently recommended on these forums.

12 replies

Jan 16, 2023 3:39 PM in response to carnuts55

carnuts55 wrote:

Being an Apple guy and have used different browsers I will never use anything but Safari. Way too many issues with other browsers. I'll just look at Facebook on my phone until it gets fixed.
Thanks for your help.

That’s entirely up to you. Seems like a limited way of looking at things but, if restricting yourself to one tool that isn’t doing the job when there are others that might is working for you for you, that’s great.

Jan 16, 2023 4:22 PM in response to carnuts55

This issue to date only appears on Facebook, whose founder's motto is "Run fast and break things."

I do not think this is an Apple problem.

it is Facebook's problem to cooperate with existing current Browsers. if Facebook finds their new features are causing problems for users, then Facebook need to reach out to Apple to find a solution.

Be sure you let Facebook know you don't like it. Every other site seems to be working just fine, and Facebook was working fine until recently.

uncontrollable scrolling issues on Facebook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.