Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12Pro Max

iPhone 12Pro Max Camera has never been serviced , but I have a camera message in my settings that says it’s not an Apple product- “unknown part” . How do I remove this message??

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 11:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 11:34 AM

You will see an Unknown Part  message if the camera installation is incomplete or if the camera:

• Was replaced with a nongenuine camera
  • Was already used or installed in another iPhone
  • Isn't functioning as expected

This message doesn't affect your ability to use your iPhone or access your camera.

This excerpt was taken from: About genuine iPhone cameras - Apple Support

AFAIK, Apple does not provide a user method to remove this message. As such, I suggest that you contact Apple Support directly for further assistance with this matter. To do so, simply select the "Support" link on the lower left-hand side of this forum's web page.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2023 11:34 AM in response to Mommamoon

You will see an Unknown Part  message if the camera installation is incomplete or if the camera:

• Was replaced with a nongenuine camera
  • Was already used or installed in another iPhone
  • Isn't functioning as expected

This message doesn't affect your ability to use your iPhone or access your camera.

This excerpt was taken from: About genuine iPhone cameras - Apple Support

AFAIK, Apple does not provide a user method to remove this message. As such, I suggest that you contact Apple Support directly for further assistance with this matter. To do so, simply select the "Support" link on the lower left-hand side of this forum's web page.

iPhone 12Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.