📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

red circle with a minus sign

In my contacts list when I edit a contact, I have people showing up with a red circle and a minus sign next to their phone numbers and e-mail addresses. This is for people who I routinely text and e-mail. What does that icon mean? Like this ...

iPhone SE

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 12:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 12:45 PM

Clicking on that red circle will delete the information. For example, to delete the mobile number click on the red circle to the left of mobile number.

2 replies

Jan 15, 2023 12:49 PM in response to frazzm737

OK, thanks. So it's not an "indicator", it's a selectable "option".

iOS is filled with things like that. Sort of like the bell with the slash through it in messages. I used to think that meant that no notifications were allowed. It actually means that if you press this bell with slash, no notifications will be allowed, but right now they are allowed. Image-wise, that's somewhat confusing.

red circle with a minus sign

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.