Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad Air 2021 does not charge with other brand cables

My iPad Air 2021 not charges with other charging devices (only with original charging conector) can you help me?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Air 5 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 10:08 AM

Good day to you splatoon385, 

If we’re understanding correctly, your iPad charges with the cable it came with, but some third-party cables will not charge your iPad. If that’s the case, what we can recommend is that you continue to use the cable that came with your iPad to charge it. You can also verify compatibility with the manufacturer of the third-party cables. 

If the issue extends to the power adapter, then while your iPad may not have come with a power adapter using the Apple 5W should be supported, however may be slower or faster depending on the power. About Apple USB power adapters 

Lastly, here are some steps you can take - If your iPad won't charge 

Thanks. 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2023 10:08 AM in response to splatoon385

Good day to you splatoon385, 

If we’re understanding correctly, your iPad charges with the cable it came with, but some third-party cables will not charge your iPad. If that’s the case, what we can recommend is that you continue to use the cable that came with your iPad to charge it. You can also verify compatibility with the manufacturer of the third-party cables. 

If the issue extends to the power adapter, then while your iPad may not have come with a power adapter using the Apple 5W should be supported, however may be slower or faster depending on the power. About Apple USB power adapters 

Lastly, here are some steps you can take - If your iPad won't charge 

Thanks. 

My iPad Air 2021 does not charge with other brand cables

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.