Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So how do I connect my iPhone 14 hotspot with my laptop. When I use usb line to each of them, my laptop with sound when it discovers the iPhone however, I can’t see my hotspots name on my laptop’s devices. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

So how do I connect my iPhone 14’s hotspot with my laptop. While my laptop will sound when I tether the two together, I don’t see the hotspot to click on it, what am I doing wrong

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 3:03 PM

First, on your iphone, go to settings --> Personal Hotspot.

make sure it is toggled to ON.

Now, on your Mac, click on the wifi symbol at the top. you should see your phone's name as a wifi option, with a chain symbol next to it. Click on that, and you should be connected. If it asks for a password, go back to the personal hotspot menu and you should see it under the on/off button. this method doesn't require you to be connected over USB.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2023 3:03 PM in response to Foxrod

First, on your iphone, go to settings --> Personal Hotspot.

make sure it is toggled to ON.

Now, on your Mac, click on the wifi symbol at the top. you should see your phone's name as a wifi option, with a chain symbol next to it. Click on that, and you should be connected. If it asks for a password, go back to the personal hotspot menu and you should see it under the on/off button. this method doesn't require you to be connected over USB.

So how do I connect my iPhone 14 hotspot with my laptop. When I use usb line to each of them, my laptop with sound when it discovers the iPhone however, I can’t see my hotspots name on my laptop’s devices. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.