Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail and Microsoft Exchange Accounts

I use Apple Mail (v 16.0) on my 2020 macbook pro running Ventura 13.1 to collect the mail on all of my accounts. I have no problem with my work accounts that use gmail. But I have two different work accounts at different work places that use microsoft outlook (365 exchange?) accounts and for the past couple of years (maybe since 2021?) I have problems when I move an email from the accounts that are microsoft outlook-based into my mail folders for storage (organized in a variety of folders under my local folders). As long as I keep the email in my inbox I can see them, reply to them, etc. But once I move them, I can no long read them. The emails are 'there' but they are empty. If I try to move them back to my inbox they sometimes disappear or they just won't move. As this is happening with email from two different accounts at two different workplaces, I assume this is something related to the common a denominator - me or Apple Mail. Any suggestions beyond deleting and rebuilding (which I have tried to no success).

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 2:41 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 17, 2023 10:41 AM in response to chicagoturgy

Hi XXXXXX,

For help with viewing messages moved to other folders on your Mac start with the information below found in the article here:

"If emails appear to be missing in Mail on Mac

If messages seem to be missing from mailboxes in the Mail app  on your Mac, try these suggestions.

As mentioned at the end of the article if the issue continues test rebuilding. You can find those steps here: Rebuild mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

You can also view limitations for moving certain messages here: Move or copy emails between mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Cheers.

Jan 22, 2023 2:16 PM in response to OrigamiFan1

Thank you so much for your reply. I have tried these things (including rebuilding) and I have yet to find a solution to my issue. My messages don't disappear - they appear in the local folders but the body of the emails are blank.

I can see them in my mail on my ios - they never get deleted from the 365 account, it seems. This affects the OS apple mail exclusively and has for a couple of years now.

If you have other suggestions, I would be happy to try them! Thanks again!

Apple Mail and Microsoft Exchange Accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.