Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I reconnect an Apple TV hardware after changing my Apple ID password?

My regular TV is connected to an AppleTV physical device. I recently changed my AppleID password. When I tried connecting onto AppleTV on my regular TV it asked for my password which I entered. I then got a 6 digits notification on my iPhone but no screen to enter it. As a result I am still unable to connect to AppleTV. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 3:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 11:27 PM

What is the model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

If you have an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) and two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, then you may be asked to type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field. Additionally, there is a time limit, after which the code becomes invalid.

Try this: First enter the characters of your password (do not submit yet), then manually request a new verification code, then append that code to the password (no spaces or other separating characters), and then submit. That should help you get passed the time limit.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2023 11:27 PM in response to ghias273

What is the model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

If you have an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) and two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, then you may be asked to type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field. Additionally, there is a time limit, after which the code becomes invalid.

Try this: First enter the characters of your password (do not submit yet), then manually request a new verification code, then append that code to the password (no spaces or other separating characters), and then submit. That should help you get passed the time limit.

Jan 16, 2023 1:45 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Good morning and thank you for the explanation. I did try what you suggested and believe did so within the 60 seconds to no avail. I will try again this evening with your suggestion of typing in the password but not submitting but wonder if I can generate a new verification code without submitting. I shall let you know. Thank you again.

How do I reconnect an Apple TV hardware after changing my Apple ID password?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.