Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unauthorized access to iPhone 12 Pro

My iPhone is being remotely accessed without my consent. I’m not sure how or what was used to do so, but the person is able to see every app, account, call, text, location, and as far as actually being able to access real time audio/video through the camera.

the phone WAS physically taken from my possession for about an hour, prior to being return in this state.

I have changed all of my emails, usernames, passwords, Apple ID and password to no avail. The person never misses any information or change that I attempt. There are no unusual apps that I can see. I have gone through every privacy setting on every account with a fine tooth comb and can not figure out how to stop it.. EXCEPT when I did a factory reset… the only problem is after doing the reset, access was immediately granted again when I restored an iCloud back up… is it possible to find whatever it is allowing this enormous breach of privacy and remove it so to not lose everything from not being able to use the backup after doing another reset?

I am so unbelievably frustrated

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 9:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 10:04 PM

If you feel an unauthorized person is remotely controlling or monitoring your device, then that is possible only if you have done one or more of the following Don'ts...

1. Don't hand over an iPhone to kids or to a stranger without Enabling Guided Access
  2. Don't share Apple IDs
  3. Don't Jailbreak
  4. Don't share sensitive information pertaining to your device
  5. Don't give in to Phishing
  6. Don't leave your iPhone unlocked and unattended in public places like offices, schools, malls etc.

Keep the iPhone updated to the latest iOS always and never Jailbreak. That's it.

iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be hacked or infected with Virus / Malware / Spyware if it is updated to the latest iOS/iPadOS unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious software or unauthorized apps directly from the internet and installed them on your device or/and have Jailbroken

It (Hacking) also depends on how careful you are in sharing sensitive and valuable information pertaining to your iPhone such as Passcode, Password, etc with your friends and family members.

Be judicious when sharing the device's sensitive and valuable information with friends and family members.

If you don't reckon what is said above is true then you have two options...

1. Report the hacking incident that you are facing to the local law enforcement authorities and follow it up
  2. Believe it, it can't be hacked. There are people who still believe that the earth is flat and also some believe no one has ever landed on the moon. What can anyone do about that? This is a free world you can believe in anything, choice is yours.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2023 10:04 PM in response to _frustrated22

If you feel an unauthorized person is remotely controlling or monitoring your device, then that is possible only if you have done one or more of the following Don'ts...

1. Don't hand over an iPhone to kids or to a stranger without Enabling Guided Access
  2. Don't share Apple IDs
  3. Don't Jailbreak
  4. Don't share sensitive information pertaining to your device
  5. Don't give in to Phishing
  6. Don't leave your iPhone unlocked and unattended in public places like offices, schools, malls etc.

Keep the iPhone updated to the latest iOS always and never Jailbreak. That's it.

iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be hacked or infected with Virus / Malware / Spyware if it is updated to the latest iOS/iPadOS unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious software or unauthorized apps directly from the internet and installed them on your device or/and have Jailbroken

It (Hacking) also depends on how careful you are in sharing sensitive and valuable information pertaining to your iPhone such as Passcode, Password, etc with your friends and family members.

Be judicious when sharing the device's sensitive and valuable information with friends and family members.

If you don't reckon what is said above is true then you have two options...

1. Report the hacking incident that you are facing to the local law enforcement authorities and follow it up
  2. Believe it, it can't be hacked. There are people who still believe that the earth is flat and also some believe no one has ever landed on the moon. What can anyone do about that? This is a free world you can believe in anything, choice is yours.

Jan 15, 2023 10:15 PM in response to _frustrated22

Sounds like the spyware was on the phone when you did your backup to iCloud. You might try another erase/reset and try to restore from an iCloud backup that predates the infection. I have not needed to try this, but it may be possible that iCloud retains more than your latest backup and may allow you to select from a list of previous backups. Good luck!

Jan 16, 2023 7:15 AM in response to SravanKrA

I do believe what you say. However, I am not careless. The phone was physically taken from my hands by my abusive spouse who I do not have the immediate option of cutting ties with, nor do I want to subject my children to additional turmoil if I were to take additional legal action in this matter. In the grand scheme of things, losing an iCloud backup is minuscule… but it also holds so much of my life.. and most of my children’s lives.

I appreciate that you were respectful in your answer, I still hope to find a solution..

Unauthorized access to iPhone 12 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.