Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Subfolders Not Appearing in Apple Notes on iOS

Greets:

I am on a Mac with MacOS Ventura 13.1, as well as have an iPad and iPhone with iOS 16.2.

I. have a few days ago created new folders that synced successfully across my Apple devices. Today, I created subfolders for them, only to learn afterwards that what I created on my Mac, which I did previously for folders for which I wish to store them, for some reason are not showing up on iOS.

I did a test where I created a couple of new notes in those subfolders on my Mac. Not only do those notes sync to my iPad, but each note is designated with the name of the subfolder where they are located. But again, the subfolders themselves do not appear on iOS.

Please advise; thanks!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 12:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 10:21 AM

To open a folder and see sub folders, tap on the chevron (the greater than sign) to the right of the main folder, that will open the sub folders

2 replies

Jan 16, 2023 10:31 AM in response to muguy

Hey thanks for the reply!

Just got off the phone with Apple Support and got sorted with what you mentioned.

I was going crazy tapping on the folder, thinking that the chevron/disclosure triangle were just arrows that opened up the folder and wondering why I did not see anything else. Turns out they actually did something, and they are on the opposite side of where they are in MacOS.

Just a slight bit of cognitive dissonance, but glad to have that sorted!

Thanks again.

Subfolders Not Appearing in Apple Notes on iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.