You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

tvOS 18 is now available

Updates elevate cinematic experiences and make it even easier to manage the home. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sony KD-43XE8005 with Apple TV

I have been trying to use my HomePod mini stereo pair as the main sound output from my Sony TV via ATV. I have connected to the HDMI-ARC socket on the Sony. When I set the default Audio Output to HomePod mini and then select Play Television Audio, ATV tries to connect but returns a message that it cannot find ARC. Ive checked all my Sony Bravia connections including send sound to Audio System, which I think is the CEC setting. Any Ideas?

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 2:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 1:44 PM

This will only play to HomePods while using the Apple TV - choose your HomePods in ATV Settings The default audio setting for Apple TV requires the ATV 4k model and must be assigned to the same room but you can otherwise AirPlay to HomePods with other ATV model. See links provided below.

• Set it up to the other HDMI port:

Plug your Apple TV into power and connect it to your TV with an HDMI cable. To watch movies in 4K HDR on Apple TV 4K, make sure that you’re using an HDMI 2.0 or later cable, and have a TV that supports 4K, HDR, or both. Then turn on your TV and select the HDMI input that your Apple TV is connected to.

If you have an Apple TV with an Ethernet port, and you don't want to connect to Wi-Fi during setup, you can connect your Apple TV to your router with an Ethernet cable.

AirPlay - Apple

Set up home theater audio with HomePod mini or HomePod and Apple TV 4K - Apple Support

Use Apple TV to play audio throughout your home - Apple Support

More: Adjust video and audio settings on Apple TV - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 16, 2023 1:44 PM in response to SpringCott

This will only play to HomePods while using the Apple TV - choose your HomePods in ATV Settings The default audio setting for Apple TV requires the ATV 4k model and must be assigned to the same room but you can otherwise AirPlay to HomePods with other ATV model. See links provided below.

• Set it up to the other HDMI port:

Plug your Apple TV into power and connect it to your TV with an HDMI cable. To watch movies in 4K HDR on Apple TV 4K, make sure that you’re using an HDMI 2.0 or later cable, and have a TV that supports 4K, HDR, or both. Then turn on your TV and select the HDMI input that your Apple TV is connected to.

If you have an Apple TV with an Ethernet port, and you don't want to connect to Wi-Fi during setup, you can connect your Apple TV to your router with an Ethernet cable.

AirPlay - Apple

Set up home theater audio with HomePod mini or HomePod and Apple TV 4K - Apple Support

Use Apple TV to play audio throughout your home - Apple Support

More: Adjust video and audio settings on Apple TV - Apple Support

Sony KD-43XE8005 with Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.