Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone fell in water and the Face ID is no longer working

My phone fell into water and the Face ID is not working anymore it says Face ID issue

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro Max, 16

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 3:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 3:10 AM

That's a heavy problem. Liquid damage can cause internal corrosion in your device's internal components.

I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options depending on the problem's seriousness.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2023 3:10 AM in response to natt129

That's a heavy problem. Liquid damage can cause internal corrosion in your device's internal components.

I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options depending on the problem's seriousness.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

My iPhone fell in water and the Face ID is no longer working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.