Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Edge/firefox icloud passwords - Enable passwords in icloud

So I get a "Enable passwords in iCloud for Windows to use iCloud Password with edge"

I have uninstalled all and logged in and out of iCloud. Every time I click on the browser's extension in either edge/firefox or chrome I get the message above.

This a dodgy update?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 4:34 AM

6 replies

Jan 17, 2023 2:19 PM in response to TDMPro2K

Hello TDMPro2K, 

Thank you for posting to the Apple Support Communities. 

From what you are describing, it may be necessary to enable the iCloud Passwords extension to access your passwords in Edge. The following Apple Support article explains how to enable this feature: Autofill iCloud passwords in a web browser on your Windows computer

If you continue to notice an issue in your web browser, please be sure that you have the iCloud Passwords app installed and enabled on your PC: 

Please reply back if you need more help. 

Have a great day! 

Feb 6, 2023 12:27 PM in response to TDMPro2K

same here several months already: iCloud Passwords neither iCloud Bookmarks extensions not working anymore. Tried all common trivial methods: update all, re-remove/-add extensions, re-remove/-add iCloud App, new EDGE profile, ... you name it.

No, I'm not going to create new Windows Profile - there has to be some other solution? - driving 🥜🥜🥜

Microsoft Edge up to Version 109.0.1518.78 on Windows 10 (22H2 latest)

Jan 19, 2023 11:03 AM in response to TDMPro2K

Greetings TDMPro2K,

Thanks for the additional information regarding your iCloud Password issue.

The next step is to try a restart your computer. This simple step can resolve issues like this. Also, please make sure that your Windows computer software is up to date. We will need to refer you to Microsoft for those steps.

If you still need continued assistance, then please reach out to the AppleCare support team via this link: Get Support.

All the best!

Edge/firefox icloud passwords - Enable passwords in icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.