Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep getting the message this copy of the install macOS Big Sur application is damaged and can’t be used to installed macOS. I get the same message with Monterey. I have MacBook Air early 2015 even though I bought it in 2017

I have the MacBook Air early 2015. My operating system doesn’t flip over to upgrade. I get the message this copy of the install macOS, Monterey or Big Sur application is damaged and can’t be used to install macOS. This happened last year and I know because TurboTax required an upgrade to my operating system so I actually was on the phone with Apple support and it took a very very long time but it upgraded and I was able to go to Catalina but now I’m stuck again

MacBook Air

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 10:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 10:12 AM

Choose Applications from the Finder's Go menu, throw the existing installers away, restart the computer, and download the desired one again.

(232904)

1 reply

I keep getting the message this copy of the install macOS Big Sur application is damaged and can’t be used to installed macOS. I get the same message with Monterey. I have MacBook Air early 2015 even though I bought it in 2017

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.