Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleCare Payment

How do I change the payment (credit card) used on another person’s iPhone XR? Their AppleCare policy is NOT linked to their appleID because I’m paying for the policy every month. Also, I’m already using my credit-card for my iPhone’s ApplePay—back only allows one ApplePay per credit-card.

iPhone XR

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 1:09 PM

3 replies

Jan 16, 2023 1:47 PM in response to Crooked Walker

From Cancel or change the payment method for your AppleCare plan - Apple Support

If you pay monthly or annually for your AppleCare plan

Need to change the payment method for your AppleCare plan? Change your Apple ID payment method.

From that I am understanding that a regular AppleCare payment is made through the plan owner's ID. If this is not the case with you then you may be outside the box and need to contact Apple

Apple Support

Jan 16, 2023 2:54 PM in response to Limnos

Thank you for the reply. The AppleCare policy is for another family member’s iPhone…we did NOT link the AppleCare policy to the family member’s appleID because the student does not have a credit-card. I was able to pay for the other AppleCare policy but, now, need to change the card number (replacement for stolen card). No way to easily change the AppleCare payment’s card…policy wants to be linked to the student’s appleID before payment change allowed. What a mess..,

AppleCare Payment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.