Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV app on Amazon Fire Stick Verification Not Working: HELP!

Hey there

I just got a fire stick 4k. Apple TV was working fine on my previous fire stick. I have two step authentication turned on.

Have tried every suggested hack: uninstalling, resetting, downloading new update, creating app specific passcode etc. Nothing works! Help! It should be easier than this!

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 1:36 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Jan 18, 2023 8:15 AM in response to kesh5201

Hi kesh5201,

We understand you're having trouble using the Apple TV app on your Amazon device. Let's work together to better understand the issue and get it solved.

What's not working for your Apple ID and this Amazon device? Are you not able to log in?

Are you able to login on other devices successfully? Have you tried logging in on a web browser?

What about other apps on your Amazon device? Do they connect to the internet correctly and update?

The normal sign in steps are posted below:

"Sign in to the Apple TV app

1. Open the Apple TV app TV app on your smart TV or streaming device.
  2. Navigate to Settings.
  3. Select Accounts, then select Sign In.
  4. Follow the onscreen instructions to do either of the following: 
    • Sign in using an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (iOS 11 or later), or an Android device that supports QR scanning: Use your camera to scan the QR code that appears onscreen, then follow the instructions on your device to sign in.
    • Sign in manually: Select “Sign in manually,” then follow the onscreen instructions to enter your Apple ID."

Get started

Let us know more about what's happening when you open the Apple TV app.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Jan 18, 2023 7:40 AM in response to kesh5201

A few other users have also mentioned this error message on this forum.

I haven’t seen a broad general resolution here though.

- Please verify that the Fire TV system software is up-to-date.

- Verify that the Apple TV app is up-to-date, if not done automatically.

- Verify that your router or firewall doesn’t block Apple authentication servers, in case you made custom changes.

- Verify that your devices and router use a good DNS, like the one from your ISP, which gets updated with all the server names that Apple might use. Again, only applies if you made custom changes.

- Verify that your Fire TV has the correct date, time, and time zone, as Apple may be more strict about that than other content providers (for TLS secure connection reasons).

Else I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

Apple TV app on Amazon Fire Stick Verification Not Working: HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.