Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my iPhone?

Hello there,

I have a iphone with the latest version.

I created a sim pin for my phone.

1- Can i find the location after my phone is turned off?

2- Airplane mode is active and my phone is off. My sim card was also removed. Does my phone share its location with other phones?

3- How can i prevent a stolen phone from being put into dfu mode?

4- If it can't be blocked, should I disable the power button by opening the inside of the phone?

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 8:37 AM

Hello tavsankac,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you have questions about preventing theft and data loss using Find My.

If you have Find My Network enabled, you may be able to locate your iPhone if it is turned off or if it's not connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network. The following support article contains more information: Set up Find My on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac - Apple Support

If your iPhone is ever lost or stolen, we recommend following guidance from this support article: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2023 8:37 AM in response to tavsankac

Hello tavsankac,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you have questions about preventing theft and data loss using Find My.

If you have Find My Network enabled, you may be able to locate your iPhone if it is turned off or if it's not connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network. The following support article contains more information: Set up Find My on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac - Apple Support

If your iPhone is ever lost or stolen, we recommend following guidance from this support article: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Cheers!

Find my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.