Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Lock Screen time font IOS 16

I just upgraded to IOS 16 and I want to change the time font on my Lock Screen. I do not want to change my wallpaper.

I have read that I can change the font if I change the wallpaper. Can you change the font without changing the wallpaper.

Thanks

iPhone 12

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 6:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 7:59 PM

I updated to 16.3 today and the above directions do not work for me. I click Customize and immediately get a pop-up menu and two choices to change wallpaper or edit existing wallpaper. Any attempt to click on the clock just makes that menu keep reappearing.

For what it’s worth, this isn’t the only feature which isn’t working in iOS 16.3 on my iPhone according to directions or to the way the feature is supposed to work as described on Apple’s site.

My iPhone is an 11. It would be nice if Apple listed which iPhones the features would work on to save confusion.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2023 7:59 PM in response to Community User

I updated to 16.3 today and the above directions do not work for me. I click Customize and immediately get a pop-up menu and two choices to change wallpaper or edit existing wallpaper. Any attempt to click on the clock just makes that menu keep reappearing.

For what it’s worth, this isn’t the only feature which isn’t working in iOS 16.3 on my iPhone according to directions or to the way the feature is supposed to work as described on Apple’s site.

My iPhone is an 11. It would be nice if Apple listed which iPhones the features would work on to save confusion.

Jan 16, 2023 10:56 PM in response to Larry3091

You can easily change the font of the Lockscreen Clock without changing your Wallpaper.

1. Unlock your iPhone

2. On the Lockscreen, hold your finger on the Lockscreen

3. Select Customize

4. Select Lock Screen

5. Press the clock and select the font you want

6. Press OK in the upper right corner

Lock Screen time font IOS 16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.