Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Symbols / Icons

The item that I squared in neon green … what does it mean ? When I tap it , I go to the internet . I often see it with documents and when I have to sign in to my email

( Comcast/Xfinity) .

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 1:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 6:32 AM

You can use the web-browser App of your choice. If you have multiple browser Apps installed, you can set a default browser:

Change the default web browser or email app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Regardless of your chosen default browser settings, iOS/iPadOS will still use its own system-browser for some functions; this behaviour cannot be overridden.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2023 6:32 AM in response to SteelCityAnne

You can use the web-browser App of your choice. If you have multiple browser Apps installed, you can set a default browser:

Change the default web browser or email app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Regardless of your chosen default browser settings, iOS/iPadOS will still use its own system-browser for some functions; this behaviour cannot be overridden.

Jan 17, 2023 3:38 AM in response to SteelCityAnne

The compass-needle icon that you have highlighted will open the associated page in Safari. The login-page that you see is not using the full Safari-browser.

You will also see this icon when using some other Apps - such as the Apple News App. Some curated News articles are being shown within the News App - but where you see this icon, you can open the full article in your Safari browser.

Symbols / Icons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.