Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am having trouble with iMessage saying it has an activation error.

I am having trouble with iMessage, it says that there is an error with activation and to try again. I tried again and it says waiting on activation. I went through some steps I found online and nothing has worked. Any suggestions?

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 3:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 3:55 AM

If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime, read this support article --> If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

Also try restarting your device. That cleared up an activation issue we had, and it doesn't hurt to try.

If it still isn't working after a day, do as the article instructs and contact Apple --> Contact - Official Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2023 3:55 AM in response to SydneyMershon

If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime, read this support article --> If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

Also try restarting your device. That cleared up an activation issue we had, and it doesn't hurt to try.

If it still isn't working after a day, do as the article instructs and contact Apple --> Contact - Official Apple Support

I am having trouble with iMessage saying it has an activation error.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.