Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change user/owner on an iPad while on same iCloud etc?

My wife and I have our own iPads.

But the name on hers al at once is mine! And she got gifted with my picture.

• We share the same iCloud / Apple ID (though ages ago I made one for her too; but for some reason I connected it later to the 'central' and 'shared' iCloud and hence Apple.ID.

What happens if I change her ID back to her own?

I read that the iPad only has one user. That is OK. But . . .

• Will it still have her mailboxes and preferences, passwords etc?

• Things got worse (the integration) because of the new iPad16. Before she saw her own name.

iPad (10th gen) WiFi

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 4:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 5:38 AM

Well. I did take the plunge, and signed out.

The user was next connected to her own (old) ID. That is also used on her iMac 2017.

• The email box remained as it was, and hers was still on the device (nice, but not expected).

Now just try to get the image right.

So I just made a request for information just because the internet was talking strange things like MDM profiles and such, and generally the only notion was about deleting a user when handing off the device...

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2023 5:38 AM in response to alberti-nl

Well. I did take the plunge, and signed out.

The user was next connected to her own (old) ID. That is also used on her iMac 2017.

• The email box remained as it was, and hers was still on the device (nice, but not expected).

Now just try to get the image right.

So I just made a request for information just because the internet was talking strange things like MDM profiles and such, and generally the only notion was about deleting a user when handing off the device...

How to change user/owner on an iPad while on same iCloud etc?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.