Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

First Track on Every Album is unavailable

I have a lot of song/albums that have been ripped from CDs, put into iTunes library and transferred onto my iPhone.

All of a sudden the first track on every album is unavailable with the message "This song is not currently available in your country or region". But the songs are physically on the phone, they aren't being streamed. All the other tracks appear fine (but have the download symbol next to them), yet can be played offline and it's clear the songs take up a lot of space on my phone.

What is the solution to this bug?

iPhone X

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 5:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 8:54 AM

All latest updates.

On initial sync it was clear it was redownloading the songs again, but this failed to resolve the issue. I believe the sync may have been interrupted.

On second sync it was shown to be downloading the songs yet again, no interruption with the sync and it appears to have resolved the issue.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2023 8:54 AM in response to Matthew_J5

All latest updates.

On initial sync it was clear it was redownloading the songs again, but this failed to resolve the issue. I believe the sync may have been interrupted.

On second sync it was shown to be downloading the songs yet again, no interruption with the sync and it appears to have resolved the issue.

Jan 18, 2023 12:49 PM in response to ZeroState

Hi there ZeroState,

Thank you for posting to Apple Support Communities.

We understand you're having an issue with synced media. Is the iOS software on your iPhone up-to-date? See here: Update iOS on iPhone

Since this has happened, have you tried to remove and sync again the affected tracks?

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer

If you're still having an issue after completing those articles, contact Apple Support

Take care.

First Track on Every Album is unavailable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.