Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mail flag colours

The flag-tool in Mail is a great tool to me (on Mac) but since running Ventura 13.1, the colours have changed in a way that there is far less distinction between the colours and - what was bright - yellow now looks brown. Tried to look for a solution in Mail settings but don't find the answer.

Would also be great if the same flag-system could be synchronised in Mail on tablets and ios phones but reading through this community, flag synchronisation doesn't seem to be available.

Thank you for any input.

Ka

iMac 27″

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 6:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 6:36 AM

The colour of the Flags appear normal to my eyes

Perhaps the user has done some Adjustments in System Setting >> Accessibility >> Display and needs to be adjusted again ?

1st image below from Accessibility

2nd image below of the Flags on 2 machines both with Ventura 13.1 and Apple Mail

3rd image from iPhone IOS 16.2 sync with above machines and Flags sync across all devices

2nd image

3rd image

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2023 6:36 AM in response to KatrienV

The colour of the Flags appear normal to my eyes

Perhaps the user has done some Adjustments in System Setting >> Accessibility >> Display and needs to be adjusted again ?

1st image below from Accessibility

2nd image below of the Flags on 2 machines both with Ventura 13.1 and Apple Mail

3rd image from iPhone IOS 16.2 sync with above machines and Flags sync across all devices

2nd image

3rd image

Jan 17, 2023 9:55 AM in response to KatrienV

Yup and sorry to agree iPhone is too old for iOS 16.

iOS 16 and iPadOS 16 are compatible with these devices - Apple Support (CA)

If the user whats the latest and greatest versions of iOS all is not lost.

If the user wishes to explore the Apple Trading In option where the Value of the exiting iPhone could be used against the cost of a new Apple iPhone. 

Have used this and have been satisfied each time.

Jan 17, 2023 9:25 AM in response to KatrienV

Hello P. Phillips,

Thank you for your fast reply. I checked the Adjustments as suggested but couldn't find an adjustment that would do the job. The settings on my Mac equal those of your 1st image. Attached an image of the Mail flag colours I can choose from; have a look at yellow and orange f.i. where both colours are more brownish and look very similar to me.

What concerns flag synching with IOS, I presume my iPhone 7 is just too old to cope.

Regards,

Ka

mail flag colours

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.