Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

insert large numbers table into pages

How to insert large numbers table into pages - can only see the rows on the first page

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 7:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 11:42 AM

Pages tables are limited by the width of the document margins and as one attempts to add more table columns than compatible with margin settings, the column widths will shrink to make the table unusable.

I made a 6 column, 40 row table in Numbers v12.2.1 that was populated with numeric data. I selected the cell range and copied to the clipboard. In Pages v12.2.1, I had inserted a default table into a document using default margins, and single-clicked the first cell (A1) where I would paste the Numbers table data. Pages automatically expanded its table to six columns and 28 rows on my first document page and resumed the rest of the table on the second page.

The Arrange panel settings to achieve this: Object Placement: Move with Text, and Text Wrap: Inline with Text. Unlike MS Word or LIbreOffice Writer, Pages will only split the table on row boundaries.

Pages does not support all of the Numbers cell formats, and is restricted to one orientation (portrait/landscape) for the entire document. With unusually wide Numbers tables, one may need to export to PDF and then drop that PDF onto Pages and rotate it into a portrait orientation.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2023 11:42 AM in response to clive197

Pages tables are limited by the width of the document margins and as one attempts to add more table columns than compatible with margin settings, the column widths will shrink to make the table unusable.

I made a 6 column, 40 row table in Numbers v12.2.1 that was populated with numeric data. I selected the cell range and copied to the clipboard. In Pages v12.2.1, I had inserted a default table into a document using default margins, and single-clicked the first cell (A1) where I would paste the Numbers table data. Pages automatically expanded its table to six columns and 28 rows on my first document page and resumed the rest of the table on the second page.

The Arrange panel settings to achieve this: Object Placement: Move with Text, and Text Wrap: Inline with Text. Unlike MS Word or LIbreOffice Writer, Pages will only split the table on row boundaries.

Pages does not support all of the Numbers cell formats, and is restricted to one orientation (portrait/landscape) for the entire document. With unusually wide Numbers tables, one may need to export to PDF and then drop that PDF onto Pages and rotate it into a portrait orientation.

insert large numbers table into pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.