Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How stop Apple Music self launching?

Apple Music on Mac M1 with latest Montery OS, has been self launching.

How do I stop it?

Right click has Open at log in off and it is not a log in item for any users (like me).

So frustrating…

Mac mini, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 12:33 PM

It has a mind of its own! I had it closed. It opened a few times today on its own. Put computer to sleep. Just woke it, and Apple Music was launching! I did a quit and, it launched again!

Apple, HELP!

2 replies

Jan 19, 2023 2:04 PM in response to Ataraxy01

Well, I solved it. Apple is responsible because it still, inexplicably, has no exclusive mode on MacOS. Just iOS. I use a little app called LosslessSwitcher to make up for this oversight.

So, to see if another music service would be involved, I got a 30 day trial of ABigJungle Unlimited (AMU). AMU still sucks, except it does have exclusive mode and Apple Music does not. This lack of exclusive mode on AM was a clue on the cause of it launching on its own!

Anyhow, when a SONG on AMU changes (at end or, me skipping), Apple Music launched!

Remember, this was happening before I installed AMU but this suggested a clue.

Just to check, I quit LosslessSwitcher I use to automatically change bit rate in AM and, the launching stopped! So LosslessSwitcher is the culprit!

Now, if only Apple made MacOS like iOS has been in this respect, we can get on with our lives…

How stop Apple Music self launching?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.