Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my mac won't update to 10.16 or later from catalina. how do I get the update

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 11:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 11:54 AM

Wether you can update to something higher than Catalina or not will depend on your Mac's Model and Year.

There is no such thing as macOS 10.16. The 10.x versions end at 10.15 Catalina.

You would need to upgrade to macOS 11.0 Big Sur, 12.0 Monterey or 13.0 Ventura if your Mac supports any of those versions.

You can go to the Mac App Store and find the current macOS 13 Ventura for download and see if your Mac is compatible with it.

Otherwise, you would need to determine which macOS its compatible with if any, and download the appropriate version from the following link. click here ➡️ How to download macOS - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2023 11:54 AM in response to Whiski0112

Wether you can update to something higher than Catalina or not will depend on your Mac's Model and Year.

There is no such thing as macOS 10.16. The 10.x versions end at 10.15 Catalina.

You would need to upgrade to macOS 11.0 Big Sur, 12.0 Monterey or 13.0 Ventura if your Mac supports any of those versions.

You can go to the Mac App Store and find the current macOS 13 Ventura for download and see if your Mac is compatible with it.

Otherwise, you would need to determine which macOS its compatible with if any, and download the appropriate version from the following link. click here ➡️ How to download macOS - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.