Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connect to computer library from Apple TV broken??!

For years I have connected to my computer to access my Music and video library, and this has not broken, I see the library but can not connect to it. when I try I get a spinning icon for a minute then the message below.

"Could not connect to "Mark's Library"

Make sure the computer is on the same network as your Apple TV."

The devices are on the same network and logged in under the same Apple ID

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 12:05 PM

6 replies

Jan 18, 2023 3:08 PM in response to Mark J1

Hey there Mark J1,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. To get started, since both devices are connected to the same network and Apple ID, are you also updated the latest macOS and tvOS version? If not, since updating can often bring the latest features, security updates, and bug fixes, we would recommend updating the software on your devices, and test the issue again.

For help with updating your Mac and Apple TV, check out the links below:

Use Software Update
Before installing new software, it's a good idea to back up your Mac.
1. From the Apple menu  in the corner of your screen:
- Choose System Settings. Then click General in the sidebar, and Software Update on the right.
- Or choose System Preferences. Then click Software Update.
2. If Software Update finds new software, click the Update Now or Upgrade Now button to install it.
3. Enter your administrator password, if asked. During installation, your Mac might restart, and you might see a progress bar or blank screen several times.

If Software Update says that your Mac is up to date, then no new software is currently available for your Mac model. Software Update shows only updates and upgrades that are compatible with your Mac.

Update your Apple TV manually
1. Go to Settings > System > Software Updates and select Update Software.
2. If there's an update, select Download and Install. 
3. Wait for your Apple TV to download the update. Keep your Apple TV connected and plugged in to power until the update is complete.

After the update downloads, your Apple TV will restart, prepare the update, then install it. When the update is complete, your Apple TV will automatically restart again.

Let us know if that's able to help.

Have a great day!

Jan 23, 2023 5:14 AM in response to Mark J1

I am having the same issue as Mark J1, but rebooting the router (Vodafone Easybox 804) and Apple Airport Extreme (Version 7.8.1) did not help. I am still getting the same message.

"Could not connect to "MacBook Pro's Library"

Make sure the computer is on the same network as your Apple TV."

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), running macOS Big Sur Version 11.7.2

Apple TV A1625, tvOS 16.2 (20K362)

Super frustrating.

Jan 30, 2023 9:01 PM in response to con_apple

Apple TV 4K "No Libraries available" . I have followed all the instructions with all devices including the Mac on home sharing on etc. but I still have this coming from the Apple TV "No libraries available". Why is this so difficult .

Mac uptodate

iPhone uptodate

Apple TV 4K uptodate

what else do I need to try here to get this going ?

Feb 3, 2023 1:27 PM in response to ajashet

Could it be your router? That was my issue, I had to reboot my router. I need to make sure they're both on the same Wi-Fi connection, connected to the same router.

The fact that you're not saying the libraries might mean it's a different issue, I could see my library it just wouldn't connect to them.

maybe go through your settings again, and make sure you are sharing your library on your Mac.

Connect to computer library from Apple TV broken??!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.