Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to turn off the remote Find My sound from the local Find My iPhone?

1) I use a Local Find My to find and turn on the sound on a Remote device.

2) I'd like to stop the Remote sound by issuing a Local Find My command.

Which Local Find My command will do it?

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 4:30 PM

Hello Mike Liveright,

If we're understanding you correctly, you want to use the Find My feature to locate a device but you want it to not play a sound. Is that correct? Take a look at the following support article that gives more information about this feature: Locate a device in Find My on iPhone - Apple Support. This section specifically discusses how to silence the location sound before it turns off automatically:

"Stop playing a sound on a device

If you find your device and want to turn off the sound before it stops automatically, do one of the following:

• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Press the power button or a volume button, or flip the Ring/Silent switch. If the device is locked, you can also unlock it, or swipe to dismiss the Find My [device] alert. If the device is unlocked, you can also tap OK in the Find My [device] alert.
      • Apple Watch: Tap Dismiss in the Find My Watch alert, or press the Digital Crown or side button.
      • Mac: Click OK in the Find My Mac alert.
      • AirPods or Beats headphones: Tap Stop in Find My."

Let us know if we can help with anything else at all or if this doesn't settle your issue so we can look into this further with you. Thanks and have a fabulous day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2023 4:30 PM in response to Mike Liveright

Hello Mike Liveright,

If we're understanding you correctly, you want to use the Find My feature to locate a device but you want it to not play a sound. Is that correct? Take a look at the following support article that gives more information about this feature: Locate a device in Find My on iPhone - Apple Support. This section specifically discusses how to silence the location sound before it turns off automatically:

"Stop playing a sound on a device

If you find your device and want to turn off the sound before it stops automatically, do one of the following:

• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Press the power button or a volume button, or flip the Ring/Silent switch. If the device is locked, you can also unlock it, or swipe to dismiss the Find My [device] alert. If the device is unlocked, you can also tap OK in the Find My [device] alert.
      • Apple Watch: Tap Dismiss in the Find My Watch alert, or press the Digital Crown or side button.
      • Mac: Click OK in the Find My Mac alert.
      • AirPods or Beats headphones: Tap Stop in Find My."

Let us know if we can help with anything else at all or if this doesn't settle your issue so we can look into this further with you. Thanks and have a fabulous day!

Is there a way to turn off the remote Find My sound from the local Find My iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.