Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my MacBook Air has been stolen and can’t find the serial number on the list under my Apple ID. I don’t know how else to find the serial number for police case. What should I do

My MacBook Air was stole and now I can’t find it’s serial number on my Apple ID. I need a number for policy and insurance purposes. What can I do?

MacBook Air 11″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 1:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 1:45 PM

See if this document can help --> Find the serial number of your Apple product - Apple Support

If you don't have your product or it won't turn on

If you have your product's original packaging, you can check the barcode to find the serial number.

If you have an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or iPod, you can get the serial number from the Devices tab in iTunes preferences.

You can also find your product's serial number on the original product receipt or invoice.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2023 1:45 PM in response to malebo192

See if this document can help --> Find the serial number of your Apple product - Apple Support

If you don't have your product or it won't turn on

If you have your product's original packaging, you can check the barcode to find the serial number.

If you have an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or iPod, you can get the serial number from the Devices tab in iTunes preferences.

You can also find your product's serial number on the original product receipt or invoice.

my MacBook Air has been stolen and can’t find the serial number on the list under my Apple ID. I don’t know how else to find the serial number for police case. What should I do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.