Newsroom Update

This fall, AirPods software updates will transform the way users respond to Siri, take calls, and immerse themselves in their favorite games. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPod Pros picking up too much sound

How do I fix my AirPods so they don’t pick up so much background noise while on calls? Whenever I take a call though my AirPods the person on the other end complains that they can’t hear me because all background noises are intensely amplified. I’ve searched these message boards and there seems to be no solution.

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 4:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 7:44 PM

Hello Hannahelpplz,

Try these steps if you are using your iPhone to receive calls (this should filter out the background noises that are interrupting your calls):

Change FaceTime audio settings on iPhone - Apple Support

If you need more help, check out the iPhone User Guide - Apple Support or let me know what I can do.

Have a nice day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2023 7:44 PM in response to Hannahelpplz

Hello Hannahelpplz,

Try these steps if you are using your iPhone to receive calls (this should filter out the background noises that are interrupting your calls):

Change FaceTime audio settings on iPhone - Apple Support

If you need more help, check out the iPhone User Guide - Apple Support or let me know what I can do.

Have a nice day.

AirPod Pros picking up too much sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.