Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Files Download on Macbook M1 (multiple questions)

Hi,

Overall Goal - I want to download my purchased music from Apple Music (Monterey) and convert those to mp3, so I can replay those using Rekordbox - I use a music-key/BPM software to tag each music file.

Issue - in Apple Music's preferences, I changed the media folder location to a new named folder. That all went wel, until I accidentally deleted a folder with five music files in there and emptied my trash can on top of that.

Q1: not sure if these music files are still on my Mac, but when going back to iTunes on Apple Music it cannot locate these files. What would be best? Can I somehow retrieve/redownload these via iTunes again - I don't see an option for that?

Q2: How can I convert Apple's music files using Apple Music - do I convert that within Apple Music app - sorry, little confused reading online instructions?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 6:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 9:47 PM

A1. Go to Music menu Account > Purchased to download again.

If you have inadvertently hidden the tracks, see: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208167

A2. Go to Music menu Music > Settings > Files > Import Settings.

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple Music Files Download on Macbook M1 (multiple questions)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.